The WorldDAB Award for Outstanding Service (Per Erik Selemark Award) is given to an individual member of WorldDAB who is renowned for their exceptional efforts in carrying out the promotion and roll-out of the DAB family of standards.
The award is offered in memory of Per Erik Selemark of Swedish radio, past Vice-President and Chair of the Technical Committee, who died in January 1999.
Previous winners of the award are:
- 2017: Thomas Saner, SRG (pictured with WorldDAB President Patrick Hannon)
- 2016: Reiner Mueller, Technical Director, Bayerische Landeszentrale fur neue Medien (BLM)
- 2015: Anthony Sethill, CEO, Frontier Silicon
- 2014: Jørn Erik Jensen, Strategic Advisor at NRK, Norway
- 2013: Glyn Jones, General Manager Digital Radio Platforms, Arqiva
- 2012: Joan Warner, CEO Commercial Radio Australia, WorldDAB Asia Pacific Committee Chair
- 2010: Lindsay Cornell, Chairman of TC, BBC
- 2009: Larissa Erismann, WorldDAB Marketing Committee Chair, SRG-SSR
- 2008: Mr Zou Feng, ABS/SARFT, China
- 2007: Mr Markus Prosch, Fraunhofer IIS
- 2006: Mr Philip Laven, EBU
- 2005: Mr Frank Hermann, Former Chairman of TC
- 2004: Mr Goran Arvedhal, Former Chairman of RSC
- 2003: Mr Quentin Howard, Former Steering Board Member
- 2002: Mrs Julie Ackerman, Project Director 2000 – 2002
- 2001: Mr Percy Petterson, RSC Consultant, Chairman of SLC
- 2000: Mr David Witherrow, President 1995 – 1997
- 1999: Mr Frank Kozamerik, Project Director and Mr Frans Westra, Chairman Module 1
If you know a person who you feel deserves to be recognised for their Outstanding Service to WorldDAB, please contact Bernie O’Neill, Project Director: firstname.lastname@example.org.